Friday, November 23, 2012

Daily Starters

I love Scholastic Online!
I found this  activity called DAILY STARTERS to do with my cutie patooties each day.
It helps build language, math and has a fun fact.
I will attach this to my morning campfire flipchart on the Promethean Board.

This is an example:
Language
What is this a picture of?
Who builds it? Why?
What letter stands for the first sound of the picture name?
Find the letters n and N in the classroom.
 
Math             
What numbers are missing?
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ___, 7, 8, ___, 10, ___
Fun Fact
Huge balloons are a special part of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City. Many of the balloons are shaped like famous cartoon characters, such as Elmo, Spiderman, and Ronald McDonald. The balloons are inflated the night before with helium, which makes them float. It takes a car and many people to hold on to the ropes that are attached to the balloons so that they don't fly away.

No comments:

Post a Comment